Reading Hospital has a full time position available for a Psych Nurse Practitioner and/or Physician Assistant, with previous experience in psychiatry preferred; This individual will work collaboratively with the psychiatry staff, with duties including admissions and rounding; These positions are full-time and require no call responsibility.
The Emergency Department:
Reading Hospital is Pennsylvania's busiest ED with 50+ physicians treating over 135,000 patients annually, including 30,000 children per year
• Opening in Fall 2018: 16-bed self-contained pediatric emergency unit within the 120-bed ED
• Emergency Medicine Residency Program beginning in July 2018
• Abundant teaching, quality improvement, and research opportunities
About our hospital:
• 750+ bed, tertiary independent academic medical center
• 20 bed inpatient pediatric unit with 24-hour Pediatric Hospitalist coverage
• Level III NICU
• Academic affiliation with Thomas Jefferson University
• Partners with University of Pennsylvania to operate Level II Trauma Center
• Ranked in top 5% nationwide for financial accreditation and for patient safety (HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award)
What we offer:
• Competitive compensation package
• Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
• Retirement savings plan with employer automatic contribution and match
• CME time and money
Berks County offers excellent schools, affordable homes, colleges and parks plus a multitude of cultural, recreational, shopping, sporting attractions and social amenities all within driving distance to shore points, Philadelphia, New York City, Baltimore and Washington DC.
Candidate selected will be a CRNP/FNP with previous experience working in an independent practice and with adult patients preferred; will consider new graduates.